Friday, November 14, 2014

Visitors

Today we had a visit from one of Marc's cousins from Phoenix. Tim and his wife, Leisa, made a last minute trip to our kneck of the woods to visit an uncle on the other side who just recently went into hospice down in Liberal. They came up to sublette for the afternoon and Cole and I were the only ones available to join them at Al and Shirley's. 

I'm not sure, but I think Tim might be in his late 50's - quite a big gap between him and his siblings and Marc and his siblings. But Tim has a very sweet demeanor and always a big smile on his face. I was surprised to see Cole warm up to him so quickly.  


It's always good to connect with family, even for a brief time. You kind of catch up a bit and then have a point of connection and feel, in the future, that it hasn't been that long since you've see them, so you feel closer, not as disconnected. Get what I'm saying? Maybe not...

Bottom line: I was glad they made the effort to come see us, if just for a few hours, while they were in our area. I want to be like that!

1 comment:

  1. This makes it seem like a long time since we've seen you all. I guess it was our lake weekend. I miss you all!

    ReplyDelete