Sunday, November 16, 2014

LOIS's place - before and after the fall

By Georgann

Two weeks ago Grams E invited Elsy and me to lunch at Tallgrass Creek.  Elsy had been at Tallgrass before and remembered playing the piano.  She knew exactly where it was and asked to play it before lunch.  We told her she could play it after we ate and we were true to our word.  Elsy played it gently and softly. I loved that Grams E sat down at the piano beside her.  I believe we have similar pictures of Grams E with Dana and Julie.  If I find those photos, I'll post them.



Then a week later, after a freaky accident with a door and the wind, Grams E finds herself with a pelvic fracture.  She spent 4.5 days in the hospital and is now in Blue Sage Pointe, the rehab unit at Tallgrass Creek.  She has had a great attitude, been very positive, and done very well.  When it was "moving day", I had the idea to make a banner to greet her in her home away from home. While Dave went to the hospital to wait for the shuttle to transport her to Blue Sage, I quickly created the banner.  With permission, I snuck into her new room to hang it.  LO AND BEHOLD, I had put the letters on BACKWARDS! I had laid them out on the kitchen counter correctly then just turned the pieces over and adhered them IN THE WRONG ORDER.  I was in such a hurry that I never looked at it before leaving home.  Poo!  So when I discovered my error, I quickly pulled them off the ribbon and switched them around.  It was all good.


And Lois loves it!


Lois's home away from home.  Pretty nice room.  
Tonight she treated Dave, Brad, Kathryn, Chuck and me to a pizza supper.  
We had a great time visiting, laughing and eating her Bundt Cake!


1 comment:

  1. Elsy is the cutest! I love those pictures of her at the piano. Good job on the banner, Mom. That's a fun idea that makes her room a little more homey.

    ReplyDelete