Friday, November 7, 2014

First Fridays by Cindy

We had heard people talk about first Friday in Kansas City so we thought we find out for ourselves. We started with lunch at the Westside Local restaurant on Summit street. It was a cute place with food prepared from local farmers.


Charlotte liked taking pictures of her super delicious cheese sandwich with her new I phone.

I had a former student who has a booth in the west bottoms at the Restoration Emporium, so we headed that way. We went through a lot of old buildings looking at junk. Charlotte and I decided we now know why we have dumpster divers on trash day, everything we ever threw away was there, plus things our parents had in their houses.

 

We were on the 3rd floor of the old John Deere building. Kia told us the elevator was the largest working freight elevator in Missouri, so she got us a ride down.


We were tired from all our walking so we decided to call it a day. We did stop at IKEA to check out some bar stools.

We didn't make it to the night activities of First Friday's, so we will try that the next warm Friday.

2 comments:

  1. How very "Kansas City" of you! Looks like fun! I wish I would've done more of this kind of stuff while I was living there. We DID go to First Fridays a time or two at night, but I don't think it was as big as it is now. That restaurant looks really cool! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy, glad you got to visit your friend's booth. Your reaction of "everything we ever threw away was there, plus things our parents had in their houses" was priceless and so true. You what they say -- one man's trash is another man's treasure or First Friday's booth!

    And I wish we did more Kansas City stuff too. I love to try new places to eat that are off the beaten path. Remind me to do it more often.

    ReplyDelete