Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Basement Progress

Shirley graciously agreed to help me paint the rest of the back hallway yesterday. We had two big walls down the stairs left to do. The hardest part was moving and positioning the super heavy and cumbersome yet extremely useful ladder to get the super high parts. 

We were able to finish during Cole's nap!

But I had to laugh to myself when Shirley innocently pointed out a few spots where the texture on the wall wasn't very even and needed to be sanded down. It reminded me of how those spots got there. 

Cindy and Charlotte happened to be in town when Michael was spraying on the texture earlier this year and they BOTH, separately, put their hand print on the wall as they supported themselves to walk up the stairs. 



I thought their handprint would go down in history, but I guess not this time. I bet we could still find them if we looked real hard. 

Marc also gor the drill out and mounted the curved shower rod in the shower down there. Nice! Now you'll be showering with room and in style when you come to visit. Wanna come?

3 comments:

  1. What you took away my mark that "I was here!" We did wonder how long it would take Marc to notice it!! Looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!!! Dana I cannot even begin to imagine how transformed the basement looks with those walls. So exciting. YES I WANT TO COME AND VISIT!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shirley is the best, isn't she? She's good at what she does and knows quality. Haha and knows when something is askew. Good progress on the basement. We need to schedule a visit. I'll check our calendar!

    ReplyDelete