Friday, November 7, 2014

Norma and Abby Visit, day 2

Before Abby and Norma came, we talked on email a little bit about what we wanted to do. Abby wanted to eat healthy and go on walks (which was really fun to try and do - minus all the Halloween candy hanging around). Norma wanted to play games and get to know Cole (Norma was the winner a lot of the weekend - Ticket to Ride and Nerts - and definitely a winner with Cole!). And I was glad to do all that and wanted Abby to go through my clothes with me and help me decide what to get rid of and how to wear what I already have. And, we all got what we wanted!

Back story: when I moved into our house after getting married, I decided to put my hang up clothes in the office closet rather than try to make space in our room where Marc's clothes already were. We have pretty small closets. In the whirlwind of Cole being born, the office *slowly* transformed into his room but some less necessary things never really switched over - including the majority of the clothes in my closet. I had pulled out the clothes I wore most often and left the rest alone. 

So, with Abby, I pulled all those clothes out and went "shopping" in my closet. I found shirts I didn't even remember I had - A few that still had tags on them. And then, it was super easy to get rid of stuff - because I hadn't worn it in over a year (and because Abby was the voice of reason and fashion). I filled two big trash bags to get rid of. I didn't even know I had that many clothes! It's been fun this week with all my "new" clothes from the other room. 

Here's the empty hangers from my old closet.


 I moved some of Marc's old shirts into Cole's room to make room in our closet. And everything fits!  


When we were first married, Marc would joke about how we had a 70/30 agreement. He got 70% of the bed (or the dessert or the meal or the couch or whatever) and I got the remaining 30. I think you'd say that the roles have reversed in our closet - 30/70 split. And Marc hasn't made a fuss!

Thanks, Abby, for all your help. I never would have done that without you and it feels so good to have it done!

The rest of that day we spent eating girly salad, relaxing, napping, watching the movie Chef, that Marc picked out for us, and eating a delicious grilled steak and chicken meal. We also managed to get one last game of Ticket to Ride in by justifying that we would be gaining an hour with the time change. (Cole missed the memo on that one and woke up at 5:00 am, new time...ugh!).

Here's Cole and Abby the next morning having fun on the kitchen floor making/watching videos. 



I'm so glad they came to visit! I love having my family visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment