Sunday, September 7, 2014

Old Settlers 2014

Old Settlers is one of my favorite weekends of the year! I love walking around and seeing people I know. 
The weekend started out on Friday night with Elsy's first taste of a Grange Pup. 
Cheers!! This is what she likes to do with food and other object these days. "Cheers Mama?"
Ran into Robyn while we were down there!
Elsy was pretty mesmerized by the carnival games. 
She was also interested in the carousel. It was shortly after this that we had the first meltdown of the weekend. This cheap mom was not willing to pay for her to get on there! (Where was Charlotte?! She would've paid for her!)
Saturday morning was the two hour parade! Elsy went "lap hopping" and sat in most everyone's lap!
The crowd. Dad, (talking to all the politicians), Kathryn and Brad (who gave dad a run for his money), Anthony, mom, Mary and Janet, Don and Shelly Puryear, Sierra and Milo Puryear. 
Elsy has a sucker in each hand...and neither one of them was given to her from her mom!
This sweet wave. Fingers together. Palm flat. So so sweet. 
Once again, double fisting it with the suckers. (Isn't my mom beautiful?!!)

Anthony, Elsy and I went back on Saturday night for one more Grange Pup.  Here she is, in awe of the carnival games. 
And this is how the night and weekend ended - with Elsy throwing a fit when she had to get in her car seat! Full on tantrum, back arched and all! Unfortunately, these tantrums are popping up more and more. Terrible two's??
But what a fun weekend! And I'm sure it will just continue to be fun as Elsy grows up and enjoys it even more!

3 comments:

  1. Your weekend looked fun too! We did hate missing it, but glad we went to Dana's. Your last picture of Elsy reminds me of my time with you and a car seat, I guess it is typical for this age having fun and not wanting to get into the car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me just say: life is more fun with grandchildren!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great pictures! I love Old Settler's and am sad I missed. Would've loved to have watched a parade with Elsy! I have heard about Elsy's "cheers". Hope I get to experience it one of these days!

    ReplyDelete