Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Cole's Jobs

Lately I've been having it in the back of my mind to encourage Cole to do little jobs around the house, if I can.  And I just think it's the cutest thing!

Today he helped me sweep by holding the dustpan and taking it to the trash (one of his favorite activities).  He also pulled out the little dustpan and sweeper to try his hand at it.  It was so sweet!

And then, we gathered the trash to take to the dumpster.  Cole found the new trash bag under the sink and shook it out like I do before putting it in the trash can.  Today, the bag was light enough for him to carry/drag, so we trekked outside together.  I loved it!



I've continued to have him feed General twice a day.  He's getting better at hitting General's bowl with the cup full of food.

When I am folding laundry, I have started asking him to put away the kitchen washcloths and towels into the drawer in the kitchen that he loves to play in.

What a good helper! 

2 comments:

  1. What a good helper. What a good mother! This is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could see him being a helper when we worked in the garden, he wanted to help whenever possible. Good job Dana!

    ReplyDelete