Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Books

From Dana:

Today was library day for Cole and me. I returned my book, The Glass Castle, which I actually almost got finished with during the two week duration of checkout (not that it matters a whole lot - Sublette doesn't have late fees!). It's my second in a row that I've done that with. I don't think I've EVER done that. I always have to renew. 

The Glass Castle was a really good book, a recommendation from Norma. It was a memoir. It was really well written and easy to read, but I think the fact that it was true really put it over the top. I couldn't believe it! I think I'd recommend it too. 

The family was poor in the book and I find myself thinking about that a lot as I go throughout my day - seeing things I could live without or just being grateful for what I have. 

This is the book I picked up today - on Kathryn's recommendation. 


It looks like it's going to follow four people who meet on New Year's Eve at the top of a building famous for suicides. I can tell already that I like the writing style. 

I LOVE reading books recommended by people I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment