Thursday, September 18, 2014

4 Things

1. Cole's 16th tooth is popping through! It's the only one he's missing, I think, until his 2 year molars. I might ask Norma to check it out this weekend. 

2. I put some vinegar down my drains today as per Cindy's former student's recommendation. Wonder when I'll think to do it again?

3. Today I helped out with Bank Day at the grade school. The local bank has a program at the school where kids can deposit money in their account, they help them open, every Thursday at school. They have incentives for consistent deposits, no matter the amount, of course. I loved it! My job was to take and count their money (which was no easy feat sometimes with all the change we saw). I'd write it down in their deposit book and in our records. There were two bank employees there too. At the end we had to count and balance. We weren't correct at first but found our problem rather quickly. The precision of banking has always intrigued me. It was fun to participate. 

4. I organized our bible study girls to take a meal to tiffany this week because she's been having some major trouble with her kids' health. It was fun to do it all together and didn't seem quite as overwhelming. I made BBQ meatballs, other girls sent bread, salad, potatoes, dessert, etc. It worked well and she felt blessed. 

(As soon as I publish this I know I'm going to remember all these things I wish I would've included - things that aren't big enough for their own post but that I want to tell you.)



1 comment:

  1. Hey Dana, I started my vinegar today as well. I will text you next month when it is time to do it again.

    ReplyDelete