Sunday, September 28, 2014

Elsy's Birthday!

From Julie:
Whew! Another birthday party over and done with. I thought this year, I was scaling Elsy's party down from the one I did last year. I think I did a bit, but boy am I tired!
I had been planning the party for a couple weeks. The theme - Sesame Street! I made some characters out of tissue paper. 
Abby came over last night and helped mix the frosting as I frosted the cake. What a big help that was! She even made a solo trip to Wal-Mart to get some black frosting. Here's how the cake turned out. 
This morning, our day started out with breakfast out. Elsy got a free HUGE chocolate chip pancake. 
And then some present opening. What a funny age for presents. She just wanted to play with everything she opened and not open the next present. She was the same way at her party this afternoon. The "favorite" present was a candy bracelet. What was I thinking, allowing her to eat it while she opened the other presents?! What a sticky mess!
We had Elsy's party at a nearby park. I originally thought this was a good plan but I had to think a lot more about what all I needed to bring. You couldn't just run to your kitchen to get another spoon! It was a perfect day for it though. The party wasn't too big. Just a small amount of family and three families with kids around Elsy's age. 


Other than the flies, the food turned out pretty good!

Elsy knew exactly what to do with the candles. She blew them out like a pro and then told everyone she was two when someone asked her!
The presents were a little overwhelming but she had a lot of "helpers" to help her open them!

The party is over! Time to go home. 


2 comments:

  1. Good night Julie that looks like one amazing party!! Your cake is Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great party!!! You all did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete