Sunday, September 14, 2014

Life events with Brad and Kathryn

Hi everyone!

Brad and I got to go to a wedding of some of our kamp friends in Branson over Labor Day weekend. Kamp weddings are always so special to us because we get to see dear friends that we don't get to see very often. Sadly, this is the only picture I have of us from the wedding! It was a fun night with lots of time with our good, sweet kamp friends. Notice Brad's sweaty hair- needless to say he was the star of the night on the dance floor!
We made some last minute plans that weekend and two of our friends, Michael and Lindsey (who are in the middle of this picture), drove up to KC on Labor Day and we all went to the Royals game that night. It was so fun to have them in town and we even went to dinner at LC's BBQ before the game! Brad has been to a total of 9 Royals game this season! Go Royals!
The next week we got to go to a game with Abby and Joel! Abby has a couple of pictures from that night so check her Instagram if you want a glimpse of that. It was really fun to have some quality time with those two!

Something exciting happened in Kansas City on Wednesday....the IKEA store opened!! My good friend, Laura and I went the night of the opening day and oh my goodness it was crowded! It's quite impressive though. I even bought a pillow for our living room couch! If you are in the KC area, I encourage you to check it out. It's more than a furniture store, it's an experience for sure! The store originated in Sweden so here's a picture of Laura in front of the welcome sign right when you walk in the door. Hej!

Friday night at dinner Brad got the "I am Special" plate! It's honestly a long time coming and I was a little late on pulling it out. Last week Brad got a raise at work and this week he got moved to a new special team that specializes with only a select few of their top clients!! So exciting! It's cool to see that Brad's superiors trust him and his character and what a hard worker he is. I'm so proud of him!

So that's the latest news in the Ellis household!


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info, Kathryn. I love hearing about what's going on in your lives. I overheard Brad telling Dave at lunch today that he was in a new group at work. I didn't hear about the raise! I knew it wouldn't be too long before Cerner realized what a GEM they have in Brad! We're proud of him too.

    Not everyone knows you started BSF (Bible Study Fellowship) this week - that you and Dave (who also attends BSF) are studying the same things. That'll make for great conversations!

    Love you two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting...I too missed the conversation at lunch about the job change. Thanks for sharing what is going on in your wonderful lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love thinking about you pulling out the special plate. Thanks for loving *and respecting) my brother well. Way to go on the raise, Braddy! You guys are such fun people. I like you. Thanks for sharing, Kathryn. I LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete