Saturday, September 13, 2014

Mission Trip

Today Cole and I joined our church's effort to support Satanta Baptist Church in their week long revival starting with a free block party today with bouncy houses and other fun activities. 

Our responsibility: pass out flyers to houses around town. So, we hit the streets. 

It was a bit of a blustery morning, so I pulled out this cool keep-your-kid-warm-in-a-stroller contraption given to me by my friend katie. It worked like a charm! Cole was as snug as a bug!


So often we don't participate in our church's activities and outreach events for one reason or another but often because it's a long drive. I figured with this being 6 miles away, in the town over, in the morning (when Cole and I usually walk anyway) - I should participate. 

I was a little disappointed. There weren't that many people that came. I was sent out on my own - no partner to become better acquainted with or journey together. 

What WAS neat is how the few people from the Satanta congregation who were there were genuinely thankful for the help and so appreciative, almost in disbelief, that we came. 

I guess Cole can mark this down as his first official mission trip. I still prefer the relational stuff we do around Sublette, but I'm glad we could support what our church was doing. 

2 comments:

  1. So great that you are doing that Dana. And I am glad the stroller deal came in handy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! You do a great job of reaching out, trying new things, being available, seeing your life activities as work for the Lord. Woo hoo to Cole! You are teaching him well. He looks so happy in his stroller coverup.

    ReplyDelete