Tuesday, February 11, 2014

We got hacked!

I guess that's what you call it when someone used our credit card to buy things without our permission! This morning Ladell received an email telling him about an Amazon purchase of  a "Sportsman's friend Guide." He asked me if I had gotten that and I hadn't. So I went to look at our credit card account online and it had $1500 worth of pending charges dated with today's date. The purchases were from Chebb Educational services (2 for that one), pacsun and a software company. Sounds like a young'un to me! We called Chase and they took care of the charges and will be sending out a new credit card tomorrow. I still am not sure about the Amazon email since there were no charges to Amazon. It was a pretty easy fix but still makes you feel uncomfortable in this age of identity theft. Keep your eyes on your credit card transactions!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for Amazon catching that transaction and yay for you all checking over your credit card account. Glad it all worked out the way it did! We have had fraudulent activity on our Capitol One card three different times. Cap One always found it and notified us. We were thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, Mom. I really needed that Sportsman's Field Guide. Thanks for paying for it for me!

    ReplyDelete