Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Candlyland!!

Every year, our church does a big, human game of Candlyland for the kids. This was our first year going since Elsy wasn't old enough last year and Elsy LOVED it! There was a separate area for kids under three so they had their own inflatable and different kinds of snacks instead of candy (goldfish, crackers, etc). But the rest of the gym was filled with the game and it was so neat! I wish I took better pictures of the whole room. They had some sort of DIFFERENT candy for each space!! And I think there were at least 150 spaces for the "board". It was pretty similar to the real game with shortcuts and all the characters dressed up, going back to the beginning, etc. 
Elsy kept squealing with delight. In this picture, she was putting her mouth up to the mesh and breathing through it :)
A girl from work who had her daughter close to the same time as me brought her daughter. This was the only picture I could get of them. 
Elsy put on this apron so she could play in the sandbox but being the girl that she is, not wanting anything on her hands, she opted out and never got in the box. 
After the little kid area, she just decided it was time for me to get my exercise and I chased her the rest of the hour through the big game board. That girl is all over the place these days!! She kept pointing to the large pieces of candy and yelled "badoon, badoon", thinking they were balloons. Every once in awhile, she would stop and pick up a piece of candy. 
Here's what the spinner looked like that the big kids used. 
And here's the stash we came home with!

1 comment:

  1. Look at her pigtails! So cute! I like the description of her squealing with delight. I can hear her doing that. How fun! And how fun that your church does this. That would take a lot of work! So cool!

    ReplyDelete