Thursday, February 20, 2014

Thomason Home makeover Part 1

I have wanted new carpet for quite some time. I'm sure many of you have heard me talk about it a time or two in the past few years. It was a big, expensive project but after living in our house for 17 years it was time.

We started by painting the living room walls. The color is different but not drastically so some people (maybe even most people) can't tell the difference.  I love it because it's fresh and clean. As I painted the wall down the stairs I thought there won't be hand prints on this for a while. Ladell and my friend, Mica helped with the project. Mica was such a cheerful servant and worked on the trim along the ceiling around the whole room!

Not a great picture of Mica but you can see how she worked on a tall ladder!   









The next job was to do our part on the demolition. We agreed to take out the tile, remove the old carpet and pad as well as move the furniture to save money. Ladell worked very hard at removing the tile. He accomplished the tile around the fire place without much trouble. But the tile in the front entry was too much for him. We ended up having the entryway tile removed by the tile installers.




We had a lot of help with moving the furniture and old carpet. Kyle was the best at moving furniture. The carpet was pulled up by Erica, Cory, Mica, Joseph (our good friends), Ladell and I. Here is what it looked like after everything was done and ready for new carpet.

The furniture from the living room, piano room, and our bedroom was everywhere!



We got new tile and carpet on the main floor. We chose a different color carpet for the stairs which is a new trend in decorating which was a hard sell for my conservative husband, Ladell. It turned out great and we love it! I am very grateful. Maybe this will be the last time we change the carpet in this area of the house.

The new tile around the fireplace is the same as the entryway.

The carpet on the stairs is a brown berber type with a pattern.

Front entryway, the stairway carpet and piano room
Our Home Sweet Home looks a lot better! Come see us soon....

3 comments:

  1. Ok. Ok I will come see you soon. This looks amazing!!! Way to go to all involved!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad for this report! I have been dying to know about the Thomason Home Makeover! Can't wait to come visit!

    ReplyDelete