Saturday, February 22, 2014

Homemade Teething Biscuits

When Julie and Elsy were visiting, Julie had made Elsy some teething biscuits.  What a cool idea!  The thought had never even crossed my mind!  So, the other day I went in search of a teething biscuit recipe.  For the recipe I found, you essentially make a loaf of banana bread (with lots less sugar and applesauce instead of oil) and then cut the loaf into sticks and toast or dehydrate the bread until it is hard and crispy.
 
Cole was a little hesitant at first because it WAS quite hard, but after chewing on it for a while, he got it soft and soggy and ate it right up.  I've been happy with them because they can keep him occupied for a longer time than anything else...and I think it's relatively healthy. 
 
The other morning I was wanting to whip up some muffins and Cole was crawling all over the kitchen.  I sat him up on the kitchen floor, gave him a biscuit, and he was content until the muffins were in the oven (I think General even scored a bite or two, too).
 






1 comment:

  1. When we were there over the weekend, Cole had these teething biscuits a couple of times. He held them in his mouth like a stogie. So funny!

    ReplyDelete