Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Mom and Dad Came to Visit!

 
My mom and dad decided to come out and visit last minute this past weekend! 
 
It was early Thursday morning and I had just given Cole his bottle.  I let him down to play and was just overcome with awe at all that he's doing.  All I could think about was that my parents were missing it!  I FaceTimed my mom right away (because she has an iPhone now!), so she could see some of his newest tricks.  During our conversation, I just blurted out, "What do you have going on this weekend?  Do you wanna come visit?"  I hadn't even mentioned it to Marc, but I just wanted them to experience all that he's doing so badly.  Mom said she'd talk to Dad but doubted they'd actually come.
 
Later that day, I sent them an email saying that I had a women's ministry team meeting down in Liberal Saturday morning and Marc would be working with Michael at the rental house all day.  They could watch Cole.  And, our anniversary was Sunday, and even though we didn't have any plans, maybe we would...and they could watch Cole!  And, guess what?  They came!
 
I loved every minute of it!  I ended up not going to my meeting Saturday morning but went over to the rental house to work instead (something I've been wanting to do, but haven't had a chance to because I need someone to watch Cole--which, Shirley, is always more than willing but has been painting quite a bit at the rental house).  So, Mom got some one-on-one time with Mr. Cole while I worked, which I think they both loved.
 
Somewhere along the line Dad taught Cole how to high five!  Are you kidding me?  He does that now.  So fun!
 
It was so fun to watch Mom and Dad interact with Cole and him with them.  I love that they love being with him so much.  I just kept thinking all weekend long, "This is so fun!"
 
Thanks, Mom and Dad, for making the trip and taking the time!  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment