Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Snow, Snow, Snow!

I know all my Kansas family can relate to the idea of having a lot of snow in our yard! Ladell, Cory, and I were home today since we didn't work or go to school. Ladell had the idea that we should stay on top of the project of clearing off the driveway so we went out and shoveled about every hour or hour and a half. It took us about 15-20 minutes each time and seemed easier than letting it collect. About the fourth time out Ladell started talking about how it might be time to get a snow blower. After supper I planned to go out one more time while the guys were watching KU basketball but our neighbor was out there clearing off our driveway with his snow blower. What a blessing! If we bought a snow blower we could be a blessing to our neighbors (is that a justification or what?) I don't know if I'll work tomorrow or not. The office is closed in the morning and we'll see if my patients want to come in the afternoon. Ladell and Cory will be home because UMKC cancelled classes and Ladell can work from home. We are headed to Austin this weekend and I am really looking forward to warmer temperatures!

2 comments:

  1. This snow was pretty easy to move - so dry BUT so much! When Dave called Dr. Schopper's office to cancel a dental cleaning at 10 yesterday, they told him they were all there and ready to see him. He decided since it was early in the storm to keep his appt. He had a little trouble on the I-35 off ramp coming home. I was glad when he returned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED Abby's comment on twitter about how she's shoveled more this year than ever in her life...and she said sorry mom and dad. I can relate. My snow shoveling events have been few and far between.

    ReplyDelete