Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Demolition at the Rental House

One thing Dad did while he was here this weekend was help Marc at the rental house.  Their goal for the day was to tear down the sagging, leaning, rickety carport (seen in the picture below to the left of the house). 
 

When I arrived on the scene, the carport was down on the ground and Marc and Dad were busy taking tons of nails out of the sheet metal to cart it off.  If I have my story right, I believe they used a big chain to tie onto the carport and pulled it down using Marc's big red truck.  And, I think, Dad was the one who got to do it.  The things you get to do when you come to Sublette...
 

Dad was a work horse.  Constantly on the move.  Constantly pushing to get the project done.
 

By lunch, the carport was all gone and the trash was loaded up in the truck.  The guys took the load to the city dump in time for roast and potatoes at Shirley's house.
 

Thanks for your help, Dad!

1 comment: