Friday, August 1, 2014

This and That

Mom and Dad are visiting! I have been looking forward to them coming for a long time. Today, as I was with Cole, I just got more and more excited to have them here to see Cole and all his new tricks. 

Like always these days, during the course of our conversation, I realized all these things I hadn't told them (or you). As a sidenote: I find it really hard to keep up with everyone since Cole. I'm thankful for this blog. 

So, here are a few new things:

1. Sublette got a Subway - the restaurant not the mode of transportation. About 2 months ago it opened out west of town where the two highways meet. It's connected to the truck stop (but separate), and it's very nice inside. Wanna come see it?

2. The tenant at the rental house seems to be keeping it up really well. He has planted a garden - peppers, corn, tomatoes - and put a short little decorative fence up to cordon(?) off a place to plant some plants near the house. He's been Johnny on the Spot with his rent (as Marc would say). It helps that he's a professional Boy Scout - works for the organization in this region. We recently ordered a carport to be put up on the property. Our only thing to fix/replace so far has been a faulty refrigerator. We think it's going well!

3. Michael and Chelsea have put a bid on a house in Lakin to be closer to Chelsea's work. It'll be farther for us to come visit them, but we are excited for them!

4. I am working the election polls on Tuesday! Cole will spend the day with Al and Shirley. I think it might be the longest I've been away from him so far. I like being at the polls and seein all the people come in - even if it is a long day. 

Joel is stopping in for the night Saturday on his way to Colorado. I think he said he plans to be there for 3 weeks. We'll be glad to see him and hear about his test!

Next weekend the Puryear's plan to visit! Can't wait! What fun times with family!

No comments:

Post a Comment