Saturday, August 9, 2014

Memory lane at Deanna Rose Farmsted

Today Charlotte & I took Eden and Tirzah to the Farmsted. It really has changed over the years. Eden knew all about the map and places to go.

They have a lot of new exhibits, pan for gems, milk barn, fishing, all very educational. The Indian exhibit was really well done about Kansas Indians.

Tirzah was perfect little sister the whole day, riding in the stroller and smiling at everyone going by.

We made sure to go to the old section and did the nature hike. They had huge wind chimes where the kings chair had been.

He liked walking quietly to watch for birds and butterflies, it was nice to see people use the path to hike.

It was a perfect day, great kids and it was free this day! I wouldn't mind paying for this, they only charge $2!!

We were all worn out at the end.

2 comments:

  1. What a fun time. Eden and Tirzah were good kids! And I'm sure Eric and Christina got a lot done at home.

    I haven't been out to the Farmstead in many years so all the new things you wrote about are new to me, too. I think it's time for me to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun, Cindy! This brings back good memories. I love the first picture you got of Eden running. So neat! I hope we can make it there during one of our trips this fall. Looks like we'll have to take Mom! :-)

    ReplyDelete