Friday, August 29, 2014

Day with Elsy

We GOT to watch Elsy today and it was a joy. We took her to lunch with us and Sue Hutchensen at first watch. She was perfect, colored, read a book and ate her lunch. Sue was impressed. All sorts of senior citizens were so taken by her. One lady gave her a dime. I told Charlotte we should stand her on the corner and make money with her cuteness.

We invited her grandparents over in the afternoon to visit and then eat dinner.  They had to leave early for company, but we had fun. We had an unexpected face time with Cole and Dana, they were surprised with all the people over for dinner.

Elsy made us say the prayer at least 3 times....we all did it every time!
This shot is Elsy having some quiet time ...going to the bathroom. She will wave at you and say hi. I guess she is trying to distract us from what she is doing.
The weather was nice enough that we played outside with chalk, took walks and rides down the street.
Our favorite time is baths and quiet time. Her mom came and got her for bed.
I love having her close by to watch her, it makes me want all my great nieces and nephews closer to watch, just like we did their parents.
I feel blessed!

2 comments:

  1. That picture with mom and Elsy praying is so cute! Thank you so much for watching her today. I know Anthony enjoys the break while I'm at work sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of Elsy coloring and reading at First Watch. I bet Sue Hutucheson just loved her. She is precious! You're lucky to get to hang out with her. Wish I could.

    ReplyDelete