Friday, August 29, 2014

Field Day

There are so many words/phrases that I've learned living out in sublette that are just second nature to everyone out here, in the farming community, but are foreign to all of us outsiders. Maybe I'll try to compile a list one of these days. 

So, tonight I got to join Marc for our second "Field Day" of the season. (When I told Mom, she asked if we would be running the 100 yd dash. See what I mean?)

Out here a field day refers to a seed salesman inviting farmers out to a certain field to showcase how a certain corn hybrid performed this season and to give them results and info on other hybrids. There may be multiple hybrids planted in a designated plot at the beginning of the season within the larger field. You can see how the hybrids fared and compared to each other. 

The field day also serves as a chance for the seed salesman to have a meal for all in attendance and their wives/families and give away freebies and gifts as a customer appreciation deal. 

I love field days!

I love getting out in the community with Marc (and getting a free meal, right, Dad?). Tonight was a treat, too, because Shirley and Al watched Cole and put him to bed, so Marc and I got a night to ourselves - although there were quite a few people that were sad Cole wasn't there. 

Tried to take a few pictures because I knew I wanted to write this post. This is all I got. 




I had some good conversations with some of the other wives/moms. So fun!

(Oh, and Marc won a cooler! Those things are expensive!)

No comments:

Post a Comment