Saturday, August 9, 2014

Election Day

I had a fun time working the election polls last Tuesday. It was pretty slow and we all complained about the long hours, but secretly I think everyone enjoyed seeing people come in. We didn't have a huge turnout - maybe 250-300 people, but I sure did get to "learn" a lot about what was going on in town. 

Cole spent the day with Shirley. Since I had to be at the high school by 6:30, Marc dropped him off there on his way to work. I think it was the longest I had been away from him (except for maybe the day of Rachel's wedding when Mom watched him.)

He had a great day - took a good nap (which I was concerned about), got to take a walk in the stroller to come up to the polls in the morning, and then she even brought him back in the afternoon for a quick visit! 

All the ladies thought he was just the cutest thing - and I agreed! He would clap and they would all clap and he would smile real big. He showed off his sign language and they were all impressed. Ha! What a sweet boy. 

Michael and Chelsea gave him this outfit from their trip to Hawaii and he came and modeled it for us. 



I was so proud to be his mama!

1 comment:

  1. Holy luau! That boy looks great in his new Hawaiian outfit! Mahalo!

    Really glad Cole's Election Day went so well. Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete