Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Elsy's first library trip!

When we were in Sublette, I was excited because Dana mentioned going to the library one day for a read and play group. Well, the group was cancelled the week we were there. Ever since then, I've really wanted to take Elsy to the library here. Plus, I've heard other friends talk about taking their kids to the library and for whatever reason, I've never had the desire to really take Elsy until we moved back here. I feel like the libraries here are "ours" and the ones in OK weren't really ours. I don't know why! Anyway, we told Elsy we were going to the library and that she would see a lot of books. She was so excited!! She kept saying "Library Mama" all the way there! She didn't even know what she was excited about!! It didn't disappoint. She loved it and said "more library?" as we walked out to the car. There is story time for her age every Wednesday so she might even get "more library" tomorrow!
We went to the library in downtown Olathe, the one I grew up going to and it's changed a lot! Elsy enjoyed playing with some blocks and doing puzzles. 
There were big puzzle piece chairs she climbed up onto. 

Not quite tall enough!


There she is with her "findings". One of the things she's holding is an Elmo DVD about going potty. We'll see...

4 comments:

  1. Love, love, love it! What a fun outing! I bet she did so well at the library. I think it's a super fun place to go for a quick getaway that doesn't involve food and gets you out of the weather. I have really fond memories of going to that library growing up. I can distinctly remember thinking that you could learn/teach yourself about ANYTHING, if you wanted, if you could only think to look for the book on a topic. I don't know how many drawing books I checked out hoping to learn to draw (never got the hang of it) or books on string games like cats cradle. LOVE IT! Our mom was the best for taking us there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so so touched and excited and glad to read this story. And Dana's comment. The library is wonderful. I love going too. Elsy looks so grown up carrying her books out of the library.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurray, a free activity inside! I love seeing both of the Ellis grandchildren loving books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going to the library was so exciting for me as a mom because it meant new books to read to the kids! I loved reading books to the kids and still miss it! Fun times at the library.

    ReplyDelete