Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Professional Assistants Day . . . again

Right about this time each year Dave comes home saying Professional Assistants Day is coming.  This means I need to put my thinking cap on to come up with a gift idea for him to give to his assistants.  Since he wants to give something to all SEVEN of the Counseling Center assistants, the gift needs to be cost effective, in other words cheap!  In the past we've given violets, chocolate covered strawberries, tea bags & a mug, bedding plants, personalized note pads, lotion, peanut clusters, plates & napkins.  Oh boy!  What to give this year?

Over Easter weekend I planned to make a snack mix to have while Brad, Kathryn, Julie and Elsy were here.  That never happened so decided to mix it up and divvy it out for the JCCC gals.  Julie and I brainstormed what to put it in.  On Julie's suggestion, I visited the Dollar Store and found some fun bowls.


I put the snack mix in freezer bags, placed the bags in the bowls and called it good!  


And all Dave has to do is write the note cards and tote the items to work.  


Welp, I guess I better go find something to put these lovely bowls in so he can get them to the college in one piece in the morning.  

Happy Professional Assistants Day everybody!


1 comment:

  1. I think this is a GREAT idea...useful, practical, tasty! Good job, Mom. And, way to go, Dad, for writing your famous notes. Everyone loves them!

    ReplyDelete