Thursday, April 24, 2014

C & C Are Coming!

Cindy and Charlotte are on their way (after waiting out a torrential downpour storm at Mary's just after they left), they just left Dodge, so close. And I can't wait, but I just got sick, stomach sick. And my baby has been sick this week, though he's on the mend but still continues to have tons of dirty diapers (so I think his tummy is still rumbly like mine)--not quite 100%. And Michael is working on our basement, which is a huge blessing--HUGE! But where do you put your aunts that are coming to visit when your basement is under construction? Al and Shirley's, of course (some of the most gracious hosts I know), but that's not as fun as having them here and waking up together and sipping coffee with Charlotte, and Cindy in her robe and sneakers sipping her non-iced water from a juice glass. And then, again, you're sick. But hopefully not for long. Cole's actual down-and-out sickness only lasted a day or two. And then I wonder if I got H1N1 from Joel, who I never saw! Ha! And tomorrow is a gorgeous, non-windy day (our only one of the weekend) and you have major flower bed clean up and planting plans but you're sick. And all you want is your mom but now YOU'RE the mom. And C & C keep trudging along, getting closer and closer and I don't even know if I'll see then tonight. But I am so grateful for them coming and the fact that I know they'll do whatever needs to be done to take care of me and my family, including staying over at Al and Shirley's without hesitation (along with Marvin the traveling Mennonite piano tuner, because, again, they are gracious hosts). And I know it'll all be fun and fine and probably really great...but I'm sick.

Thoughts from Dana

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I love you! And wish I could be there to help. C & C are very understanding and MORE than helpful. Rest and get better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing they are there. They will help so much. LET THEM. Take it easy. "Live it up" while you have the help!!!

    ReplyDelete