Friday, April 18, 2014

Mommies Group

One of Marc's farmer's wives invited me to be a part of their Mommies Group with girls from Copeland, Montezuma, and Satanta.  I figured I'd try it out because I'm always up for social gatherings and looking for different things to do. 
 
The moms are a little different than me--a little more "hoity toity", but we have one thing in common--kids.  So, that's where we connect.  No matter who you are or how you live, you still have the same issues with your kids.
 
After my first get together (at this great big house with a huge finished basement with heated floors!), I wasn't sure the group was for me (no one asked me any questions, the girls don't live in my town, do I need to be putting effort and time into these relationships?), but I made myself give it a go again, and I was glad I did.
 
This time we went to the Garden City zoo.  It was a windy, cold morning and we showed up with a stroller brigade of about 5 families (mine was the coolest stroller, thanks to my huge group of friends who went together to get me the best of the best...thanks, Katie!).  It was fun to walk around the zoo and talk as we went.  Cole had fun seeing the animals, which I wasn't expecting.  I just thought he'd be along for the ride, but he actually really enjoyed seeing them moving around...especially the monkeys and the otters.
 
We ended our morning with lunch at McDonald's, and I bought Cole his first fast food hamburger.  He ate it right up...well, not the bun, just the meat.  I got the girls talking about advice for me with a few things, and that opened conversation right up.  All in all, it was a good outing, and I'm glad I decided to go.
 
Cole in the Cats Canyon (excuse the pacifier, his mama was hoping he'd survive not having had a good morning nap)

No comments:

Post a Comment