Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Easter at the Ellis house

I added a few new Easter decorations to our house this year. The prints were designed by my friend Cyndi Mawhiney. The door idea was inspired by Pinterest. 

Have a blessed Easter everyone!

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead . . . "
1 Peter 1:3

My Redeemer lives
I know He rescued my soul
His blood has covered my sin
I believe, I believe 
My Redeemer lives!

"He isn't here! He is risen from the dead!"
Like 24:6

3 comments:

  1. Georgann's Pride and Joy!April 18, 2014 at 8:47 AM

    Mom,

    I told you that I would start commenting my thoughts, so here I go - WOW! Those decorations all look so cool! I'm really impressed with how much initiative and effort you've put into these, and I think it's so much cooler knowing that you did them all yourself. You're probably one of the more talented over-50's (or is it over 60's? jk!) that I know with a computer. I can't decide if I like the cross or the jelly beans table frame better, but all 3 are so cool! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way fun! How much of that cross did you do? Way to get it done in time.

    I like the prints from Cyndi. They're modern and not fru-fru. I really like that first verse. Thanks for writing it out for us!

    I'd like to be more intentional with celebrating/preparing for Easter. I think something like this would really help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brad: Thanks for the comment. :-) I hope you realized that I bought the prints from Cyndi Mawhiney (see 2nd sentence in post). The only thing I did was put them in frames and put them some place.

    Dana: Thanks! I had the wooden cross. I printed out the "He is Risen!" phrase, taped it to the cross then hung the lily over the cross using fishline. I liked the way it looked from the street.

    ReplyDelete