Monday, April 28, 2014

Passing it Around

I guess we are passing the sickness around. Charlotte came up sick last night, along with Al, and Cindy is battling it this morning. C & C were slated to head to OKC today to help Julie get ready to move, but those plans have been put on hold. What to do? Everyone is taking a nap now. Heal our bodies, Lord! Restore our health!

It doesn't help that along with the 30 mph wind the last two days, we had a major dust storm yesterday. The sky looked red or black or hazy--really off. I don't remember ever seeing it that dusty bad but Marc kind of chuckled when I said that, as if to say "I've seen worse and you'll see worse in the future."

Sometimes I'm tempted to think that no one gets it--how bad the wind is out here. You can't know without experiencing it. But then I remember mom grew up out here and so did all my aunts, and they get it. But it's bad, really bad. 

Of course my view is tainted by the fact that I have a coughing baby, a runny nose myself, and two sick aunts needing nursed back to health...

Check out this wind graph from today:

No comments:

Post a Comment