Friday, April 25, 2014

Garden Day

Cindy and Charlotte made today great! I felt better from the get go, but they helped out so much! We got the front flower beds weeded, had a find-it-yourself lunch, planted some flowers, and even had time to walk to Papa's Place for a sweet treat after dinner.

I decided this year I wanted to plant marigolds to line my beds. I know they aren't the "cool" flowers, but they're hearty, easy to grow, flower for a long time, give a pop of color, and gosh darn it, I like them! So, here they are, lining my front bed. 


I think it'll only get prettier (and more odorous). 

At Papa's Place
Cindy gave Cole his first taste of ice cream. He didn't spit it out. 

Eating ice from Charlotte's cup

What a great day (it helped that Cole took a 2 hour nap this morning and a FOUR hour nap this afternoon...his little body must've needed it...so we had lots of uninterrupted work time)!


2 comments:

  1. I like marigolds too. They are very hearty and increase in size easily. I like their "odor", too.

    After being sick the day before, you certainly jumped right in and had a full day! I'm glad the weather cooperated and Cole slept so well. Besides his body needing the rest, he probably knew you had plans!

    I will enjoy seeing the fruits of your labor when we are there in May!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "increase in size easily", Mom? Do you mean "grow"?

    ReplyDelete