Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Soap Scum Cleaning Solution!

When my mom taught me to clean the bathroom, she made sure to let me know that sometimes I would have to use good ole "elbow grease" to get it to shine rather than just the spray and wipe method!  She taught me that a good indicator of a clean sink/toilet/shower/tub is that water doesn't "stick" to the surface but rather glides right off. 

I don't mind cleaning the bathroom since I love to see the results but the shower walls are my bathroom cleaning nemesis!  It is so hard to get them to be "slick" and not have water sticking to them...until now.

I had tried all different kinds of store-bought chemical products for soap scum and shower walls, even the Magic Eraser.  I decided to do a google search for some possible soap scum home remedies and found this

You mix equal parts BLUE Dawn soap with WARM white vinegar in a spray bottle.  Shake it up.  Spray it on your walls.  Let it sit for a bit and then gently wipe off all the soap scum.  The result:  Beautifully clean, slick, no-water-sticking, bathroom walls with little to no "elbow grease" needed.  Wondeful!

Mom also tried it, and it worked for her too!  I love finding things like this!

(Note:  If using 2x Dawn, you need to cut the amount of Dawn in half.)

2 comments:

  1. Yes! I tried it and Dana is right! It worked great and removed all the soap scum, It worked so well that the BAR OF SOAP disappeared too! Now that's a powerful cleaner!

    ReplyDelete