Thursday, December 26, 2013

Repaying a Favor

This past weekend, we had a lot of snow, which was beautiful and cozy and fun for the boys who got to sled behind the four wheeler. 

 
But, of course, snow means shoveling, right? Well, not if you live in a small rural town and are friends with the right people. 

We left Sunday morning for church and returned home that evening to find, to our surprise, our driveway had been completely cleaned off, not by a shovel or snow blower but by a plow on the front of our neighbors' skidsteer or jeep (because people here have access to things like that).

What a service! I asked Marc what we could do in return and he suggested what we do best...pies! So, this afternoon we whipped up two chocolate cream pies (one for us, of course). 


Don't you wish you were our neighbor? Or better yet, had a neighbor like Gary to clean off your driveway? Oh the joys of a small town!

2 comments:

  1. Trust me if I lived next door I would send Charlotte out with our new snow blower. Great that you have neighbors like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do wish I was your neighbor!!! Can I get the recipe? Seriously I would love to have it. Liz got me a pie dish for Christmas so I better start putting it to use with some Voth recipes (have an apple one ready to go :)

    ReplyDelete