Monday, December 9, 2013

Rubber Gloves

My hands have been unusually dry this season (like cracking and bleeding dry).  Maybe it's the heater running so much or maybe it's the fact that I'm making and rinsing out multitudes of bottles for that precious baby boy or maybe it's just the way it is.  But, the thought of plunging my hands into a bowl full of soapy hot water to clean the dishes after making some batter bread this afternoon just about did me in. 

And then I remembered a blog post from my friend Anne about using rubber gloves in the winter!  I dug through and located my stash of disposable rubber gloves I keep around for cutting up and deseeding jalapenos and went to town.  It was wonderful! 

I figured while I had the gloves on, I might as well just go ahead and clean the bathroom too!  What I discovered changed my world!  Why have I NEVER cleaned the bathroom with gloves on?  Probably because my mom never did/does (and she's the one who taught me how to clean, which I am so thankful for).  It was revolutionary!  I didn't have to worry about plunging my hand into that nasty toilet bowl or the feeling of wet, stray hair sticking to my skin (one of my major pet peeves).  It was great!  Who woulda thought?

And my hands are protected for a little while longer...

(P.S. Thank you, Cole, for taking a super long nap so I could get all this done.  What a treat!)

No comments:

Post a Comment