Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Our world is changing

Our world is changing.  Cole is everywhere these days--constantly moving, crawling, climbing (on me, the dog, whatever he can find...).  He's not content to just sit and stay in one place for any length of time (except for when he firsts wakes up from a nap).  He wants to go, explore.  So, it seems like it's easy to run out of things to do.  I thought I should start a list so I can refer to it in the heat of the moment, when my patience is running thin, and I'm counting down the mintues to his next nap.  I'm always asking myself, "What ELSE can we do?"

  • Read a book
  • Take a bath
  • Walk to Grandma and Grandpa's
  • Facetime someone
  • Dance to the music
  • Sing songs
  • Do Finger Plays (Isty Bitsy Spider, This Little Piggy...)
  • Fold the laundry (he likes to play with the holes in the laundry basket, for some reason)
  • Go to a friend's house
  • Eat some solid food
  • Play in the bouncy seat
  • Pull out the pots and pans and make music
  • Go on a walk
  • Play peek-a-boo
  • Go outside and take a look around

What else?  I'd love to have more ideas. 

This was daddy's idea the other day...


Loving the laundry basket!

He was pulling himself up on his knees using the side of the basket.

The edge is just the right height for an armrest.

1 comment:

  1. Dana, you have a pretty comprehensive list. How is Cole with crayons?? You could play "tag". He was really going after the iPad screen when we were having Face Time. Put something down for him to go after, then move it to a new location to go after. I remember when you were little you loved to play with the newspaper. All we had to do was put one on the floor and you made a beeline to it. You were amazing! You entertained us with this antic.

    ReplyDelete