Saturday, March 1, 2014

Tricks, Kitchen panties and more

From Georgann:  Now I think the videos I've posted will play correctly.  If you can't view them, let me know.

If you read this blog, you know on a Thursday Dana gave Dave and me a "long shot" invitation to visit them that weekend. This is how she put it " I know it's a long shot.  I was just thinking this morning how much [Cole's] growing and changing and you're missing it and I want to share it with you. "  How could we say NO?  We loved every minute of it!


 Brad asked me to send lots of videos while we were there, so I did. Here you'll see THREE.
This first clip shows Cole doing one of his recent "tricks" . . . sitting up on his own.





 I got to watch Cole while his parents and Grampa E. worked at Voth's rental (also in Dana's earlier blog post).  We had a great time!  He was so much fun to watch.  In the midst of it all, he crawled up to his musical toy and pulled himself up to stand.  I knew I had to catch it on video, so I pulled him back about four feet hoping he'd do it again. And he did!!

Dana blogged earlier about the homemade teething biscuits she made Cole.  When he ate them it made us think of a man and his stogie.  This video was taken in a local Sublette Mexican restaurant 
on Saturday night.   


On to a different subject.  On Wednesday this week, we took a chili dinner over to Mom Ellis house for supper that eve.  It was so easy: pot of chili, crackers, cheese, veggies with a side of olives.  Mom thought it was a great idea!  She provided delicious Red Lobster type biscuits and Chuck brought some brownies.  It was a great time. So glad we did it and we'll do it again!

I got to use my KITCHEN PANTIES!  

On Thursday this week, as I pulled away from the CVS near our house, I noticed these store-front signs.  Can you believe this??  I'd love to know how busy they are.  WHO do they get to work there?  YUCK!  This is a new thing to me.  As I said on instagram - What will they think of next?!?
Today we had a great time at Charlotte's and Laura's birthday brunch.  Tirzah was a highlight! And she and Eden both were so well behaved.  Dave and I missed the January birthday gathering so we were glad to see everyone.  All the food was delicious!!  Thanks for hosting us Cindy and Charlotte.

Hannah is a natural with babies!


1 comment:

  1. Loved the videos. Can you imagine making your living being a "nit picker"?
    Fun today with family, sure missed people though.

    ReplyDelete