Sunday, March 2, 2014

Sick weekend

Wow...these past couple of days have been tough! Props to all of you who have been stay-at-home moms (or are currently!). I have been home with sick Elsy since Wednesday. And when I say home, I mean home - not able to go anywhere or do anything. She had a 103 temp starting on Thursday and today it's finally down to 100 - and she slept in today until 10:15!!!!!! Goodness. She really wasn't feeling well. What 17-month-old does that?? When I took her into the doctor on Thursday, she checked out "normal" and the doctor said it was just a virus. If she still has her fever tomorrow, I'm bringing her back in! But half the battle is her unwillingness to take medicine. We have literally tried everything. She's too smart for us!! 
Some relief I've had is weekend guests! Abby, Brad and Kathryn came to visit. Elsy had her moments of feeling OK for them but I'm sure some other moments caused all three of them to question whether or not they wanted kids!! The best night was the first night. Elsy was feeling pretty good. Abby got here earlier than the Ellises and she was greeted by a very enthusiastic girl, ready to say her name over and over again! She loved to say Abby! I have a video of it but still haven't figured out how to put it on here. But here are a couple other pics from this weekend. 
The weekend wasn't quite like planned - sick girl, garbage disposal and dishwasher going "down", church celebration cancelled, cooped inside all weekend, but I'm glad I have understanding relatives who couldn't care less!! 
 We were worried about them getting home today because of the weather but it sounds like they did ok. Glad they visited and gave me some sanity and adult conversation!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment