Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Impossibly Easy Cheeseburger Pie

Here's a recipe that I've come to love.  Impossibly Easy Cheeseburger Pie from the Betty Crocker cookbook (thanks to Aunt Kay for buying me my copy).  Every time I make it I think, "Is it really that good?"  And, every time, just like this week, we practically eat it all, just the two of us, in one sitting. 
 
I don't know that it's dinner with guests material, but it's definitely weeknight with the family material.  I was going to send it to Julie as a text but thought that I'd share it with all you too.
 
 
It's reminds me a bit of quiche.  Notice that it takes hamburger and onion but you can use anything really...sausage, ground turkey, green peppers, mushrooms...whatever you have on hand.  Like this time, I had the leftover stuffings from bierocks I had made the day before (hamburger, oninon, hot peppers, and cabbage) and stuck it in there...and it was delicious!
 
Wanna try it?  It's Impossibly Easy!
 
As a side note:  I have been cooking out of the Betty Crocker cookbook as much as I can lately as opposed to internet recipes.  I feel like they are tried and true recipes.  Normal recipes.  Easy to find.  Easy to use.  I've been happy with it in this season of my life.  One of my favorites...chocolate cake.  So much better than boxed cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment