Saturday, October 25, 2014

The Lake Weekend

From Dana:

Our ride home from the lake went a lot quicker than the way out there because of this:


A worn out baby! I think he slept 5 out of the 8 hours we were on the road! The weekend wore him out! Me too! I had a good long nap myself. Thanks to Marc for driving both ways, the whole way!



Favorites from the weekend:
-Arriving a day early and getting settled in before everyone got there, and getting to stay for 3 nights, instead of 2
-Drinking coffee on the deck on our lazy mornings
-Going out on the boat with Marc, brought back lots of memories of fun times in that cove
-Walking down to Laura's
-S'mores in the fire pit
-Lots of babysitters/watchers for Cole, time to be "off" myself
-Cole slept well!
-Watching Cole and Elsy interact
-Tossing the frisbee with Brad and Anthony (when did Brad get so good?!?)
-Games!
-Everyone pitching in with everything, many hands make light work
-Getting some extended, uninterrupted time with my family!

It was just a very refreshing weekend! I loved every minute of it!

It took Cole and me a few days to get back into the swing of things, after the weekend. We were so tired! Here he was on our jog the following day. 


He fell asleep! He's NEVER done that! Notice it's "mid snack cup grab".


2 comments:

  1. Love the lake....and you loving it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we all went home tired and filled with family love. But did you Elsy didn't sleep ONE MINUTE on the way home? She was happy and talkative the whole time. She fell asleep just as we were pulling into KC. Isn't that right, Julie? I love these crazy kids!

    ReplyDelete