Friday, October 31, 2014

Staff Interview with Georgann Ellis

From Georgann

In October our Human Resource Director started doing monthly interviews with random staff.  I was chosen as the November interview, the second guinea pig.  The interview included a number of "favorite" questions. If you know me well, you know I don't do favorites well.  Anyway, I completed the questionnaire and it was published last Tuesday.  Only one person has made mention of it, so if YOU ALL read it, it's probably more than at Colonial!

At my office before I added B & K wedding photo
Staff Interview with Georgann Ellis
For the Month of November

What did you do before coming to Colonial?
I worked part-time for 9 years in a print and copy shop doing customer service and making
copies.

What is your favorite restaurant?
I can’t really say that I have a favorite. I enjoy Chinese and Mexican cuisine.

What is your ideal weekend?
Weekend at home: hanging out with all my family, playing games. Get-away weekend: near the
water with little to do but enjoy the surroundings.

Where did you grow up?
I was born and raised in Dodge City, Kansas, home of the Red Demons

What is your favorite thing about working at Colonial?
I love the flexibility in my schedule. I appreciate the encouragement from Phillip Sandifer. Love
the teamwork in the Q Worship & Arts ministry, working with Dan Munyoki and Brad Kemp.
And I love packing up Sunday knowing it’s ready for the volunteers on Sunday morning.

Who are your favorite artists/musician/author, etc.?
All Sons and Daughters and just discovered Drew Holcomb and the Neighbors

What is your most favorite place you’ve visited or lived?
We’ve been many places but I think my favorite will always be the mountains in Colorado.

What is something we might not know about you?
I like to tear perforations.

4 comments:

  1. I loved every detail! Good answers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like a fun person to be around, but I hate to clean your paper mess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tear perforations?!? Ha! I laughed out loud in my house at that one. And I love that you didn't offer any explanation but very bluntly said it. That made it all the funnier!

    What was it published in?

    ReplyDelete