Sunday, October 5, 2014

Empty Nest after 31 years!

We moved Cory into his new place on Friday. The move was easy except that it was delayed for a couple of hours due to rain. His place is really nice! It's an older home
that was completely renovated 5 years ago. He lives with two guys named Chris Binkley and John Johnston. Chris is in sales for a trucking company and John is an intern at a church in Lee's Summit. 
I was excited for Cory to have time on his own before marriage and still am. But coming home to our house and seeing his empty room got to my heart. I had some sad moments and continue to at certain times. We'll still see Cory often but it's just the idea of it only being the two of us in this house.  We started out as a family of 6 when moved here! 

2 comments:

  1. I think it says a lot about you as a mom that you're so saddened by this. You love them all so much!! If you need a "live-in" daughter for a night, I'm your gal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing where Cory is living and being able to picture it. Looks like he got a loft room or something? I like the ceiling. The whole house looks really cool! I bet this'll be a really neat time for him as he prepares for and makes the transition into marriage.

    ReplyDelete