Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Cole Musings

I've been trying to be more mindful about posting about other things than just Cole. Not that anyone has complained, but I want to vary it a little (even if it IS a post about our tree!).

But, he is doing LOTS of cute things these days. LOTS!

1. He's learning so much. He's got his animal sounds down pat. Next time you see him ask him what a sheep, horse, dog, cat, owl, pig, duck, or lion say. It's so cute!

2. He's gotten to where he can point out things in books when you ask him where things are. He can also pick out people on our refrigerator. (Yes, Brad, he even knows Uncle Brad.)

3. He LOVES watching a Baa, Baa, Black Sheep youtube video with Marc. He asks for it by name, often as soon as Marc walks in the door or first thing in the morning. 

4. He loves to sit cuddled up with his daddy. Here they are watching his Baby Praise and Worship song video. 


5. When I open the hot oven, I ask him to sit on his bottom away from the oven. He solemnly obeys as if his life depended on it. It's a sight! Ha!

6. Without being asked or prompted, he goes to the kitchen to get a towel to clean up drips and spills he sees. I am amazed every time. 

7. He has been practicing drinking from a cup without a lid. 



8. He has become acutely aware of stray hairs...on his pacifier, in his mouth, on his hands. He'll stop mid-action and look to me to remove it. He has a word/sound that he always uses. "Uck"

9. He imitates, almost perfectly, any alarm or ding he hears...the toaster, my text message alert, my watch's hourly beep. He's right on pitch, too. So funny!

10. He can swing on a regular swing at the playground by himself. I don't push him really high, of course, but he holds on real tight and smiles as he glides through the air. 

Love having a place to share this. I like you guys knowing what he's doing these days. What a sweetheart!



2 comments:

  1. Fun comments!! Love watching him grow up on the blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like those are all new things since he was here a few weeks ago! Crazy how quickly they change!

    ReplyDelete