Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Tot Swap

Today we started a new venture we're calling...Tot Swap. The girls in Sublette in the ladies Bible study decided we'd try our hand at giving each other some time off. Two moms gather at one house and the rest of the moms can bring their kids over and get some free time. We did it from 9-11 today. We structured it with two moms at the house so there'd be plenty of help but also so those moms could have some interaction with each other too. This morning it worked out great! Tiffany was so gracious to open her house and I helped her out. Next week we'll switch and two other moms will be on duty. Even if it doesn't last, it's worth a shot. 

Here we are having snack. There are 4 families represented (I'm holding Cole and some of the big kids are at school). 

3 comments:

  1. Yay!! I LOVED doing this! I think it is huge to have some time off even if it is every other week. So glad you are doing this :) I love that you have 2 moms there so you still get to have a fun week while watching kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to do something like this with a friend of mine named Elaine. It started when Joel was a baby and she had a daughter Bethany. Then we both had a 2nd baby except that she had twins! So for awhile I had (and so did she on her days) two 2 yr. olds and 3 babies...it became too much for me but we did it for a year or so. The way you have it set up is better! I hope it lasts and you get some time away. Plus Cole will make some friends to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea, Dana. Your Sublette Bible study gals are serving each other well.

    ReplyDelete