Friday, January 24, 2014

Cory the evangelist!


Wednesday when I got home from work Ladell met me at the garage door to say that I should stay in the kitchen so as not to interrupt a conversation that Cory was having with some young men with the Mormon church. They came to our door and instead of sending them on or not answering the door at all (which is what I would have done) Cory decided to engage them in conversation. I could hear him respectfully disagreeing with their points and presenting a very clear case for Jesus. I was so impressed and blessed beyond words. Ladell thought about joining in the conversation when he got home but could clearly see that Cory needed no help at all. It was so fun to hear him share the gospel with eloquence and passion. At the end he said, "Well, gentlemen I think this conversation has reached its limits so we'll end it here." He sent them on their way. "There is no greater joy than to see your children walking in the truth." 3 John 4

1 comment:

  1. Cory is rather amazing. I would never have invited those people into my house to talk. I know it is because I'm not sure of what I'd say or how I would argue/discuss. Good for Cory! The world needs more like him in the world. God needs more like him in the world!

    ReplyDelete