Friday, January 31, 2014

I caved

Well, I did it. I caved. I bought Cole a toy. The first one I've ever bought. Yesterday, he had an apple and had the best time crawling after it as it rolled across the floor. And then he found out it tasted good...


So, we decided to share it. Boy, did he love it!  I don't know what he loved more. The flavor? Or the way it felt on his teeth? Or that he thought he was getting away with something he shouldn't? But he loved it. He had apple juice running down his chin. 


So, I bought him these. Balls. 



Why? I was hoping he would roll them all over the floor and crawl after them like the apple, which he did for a while, and then lost interest. And now I have four extra pieces to pick up as they're strewn about all over the floor. I should've stuck with my "buy him nothing superfluous" rule a little longer, but they'll be fun to have as he gets older. Right?

As a side note: not having to buy Cole anything up to this point is totally the result of lots of support from so many awesome people that have so graciously given us things, new and used! Where would we be without everyone?!?

2 comments:

  1. Hey Dana, don't feel badly -- EVERY mother has caved at least once! Ha! I'm sure Cole will play with the balls again - outside in the grass, in the swimming pool, in the bathtub and even in the living room. I think it was a great purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of mother buys her children toys? The better question - what kind of mother DOESN'T buy her children toys?! C'mon Dana! Let that kid have a little fun.

    ReplyDelete