Saturday, January 18, 2014

Adoption Thoughts

 I came across this article (http://empoweredtoconnect.org/healing-the-wounds-of-relational-trauma/) regarding adoption a while ago and shared it with my family, but I want more people to read it to be informed. I think the guy has a real point, though I hate admitting it. His point is that adoption doesn't happen without major loss and trauma to the child...even as a baby. I related to the author when he said that although he's heard this to be true, he wanted his family to be the exception. Me too! 

I have already started praying that God would use Cole's adoption and the pain he'll potentially feel to draw Cole closer to himself into a deeper relationship with him as Cole looks to God to fill the emptiness he feels from being severed from his birth mom. 

Recently God have me a life verse for Cole, Romans 15:13 "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, may you overflow with hope by the power of he Holy Spirit."

Will you join me in praying for Cole?


Thanks, Aunt Norma, for the suction toy!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the link to the article. It was full of hard truth but gave hope as well. I liked the statement, "Adoption is an invitation to enter into a child’s world, into the trauma that he or she has experienced, and become an agent of God’s healing power. " I see you and Marc as agents of God's healing power. I will pray for Cole.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana had shared this with us back in October 2013. I had the same reaction Norma had, hard truth but hope as well. Having this information, this insight will give us understanding and a foundation for thought and reaction and proaction. In Dana's initial email to us she wrote "Let's pray for Cole as he grows up that he will learn to find his acceptance and worth and value from The Lord." He is first and foremost a child of God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reading the article! It's such tough stuff. But I'm glad it's our story! It'll be neat to see how God weaves it all together.

    ReplyDelete