Wednesday, January 22, 2014

3 Things

1. Mom, Dad, Julie, and Elsy are coming to visit this weekend. We are only slightly concerned about where we'll put everybody. Lucky for us, we all love being together! And even luckier, Al and Shirley have offered to let us use their house while they're out of town. I cherish these times when we can "all" be together. They happen so few and far between. Can't wait to have them here to show off all Cole's tricks and watch Cole and Elsy interact. 

2. I have decided to let my teaching license expire. Gasp! Everyone always told me never to let that happen, so I've done the requirements to renew and keep it active up to this point. But no one could ever really tell me what would happen if I DID let it lapse. Finally, I got a relatively straight answer, in writing, from a state education employee saying that, unless things change, all I would have to do is take the standardized tests for my teaching areas and my license would be reinstated. Sounds like a plan! Feeling a little nervous but think I'm covered. 

3. I have no messages in my inbox! I am very much embarrassed to admit that I have been toting around nearly 3000 emails in my inbox for the past 10 years, I bet. I even had 70 unread messages somewhere way back there that I never touched. I would know I had a new message if my account read 72 or 75 or whatever unread messages. Isn't that awful! So, this week an update to my phone practically forced me to deal with the problem (I had resigned myself to the fact that this was just the way it was going to be). I sat down one evening and started hacking away and about 2 hours later, this is what I saw. I never dreamt it could be true but it feels so good, so freeing!


 

2 comments:

  1. To encourage you on your decision about letting your teaching certificate expire...I did the same thing with my dental hygiene license when the kids were young. I remember Grandma Burrichter not agreeing with my decision. At the time in order to keep it up I had to go to continuing education classes (no online options back then) and pay an annual renewal fee which we couldn't afford. I was short sighted in thinking I would not work again and planned to be a stay at home mom forever. But when the time came for me to get my license again God provided everything I needed to accomplish it. I think it was the right decision for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you won't have to worry about getting your certificate again, you are smart enough if you have to pass the test. Plus you can sub without it any way. Have fun with your family this weekend.

    ReplyDelete