Saturday, May 17, 2014

Pizza Crust Making Party

Last night my friend, Haley, invited all the Bible study girls over to learn how to make her renowned pizza crust.  In true, put-your-kids-to-bed-first mother fashion, we met at her house at 9:00 PM with stand mixer, flour, oil, and ziploc baggies in tow.
 
There were just two of us that were able to join her, but we had such a good time and got to hear more about each other's lives as we worked.  We were finished making our dough (14 double recipes...Haley has plans to make pizza for her youth group kids next week) after probably 45 minutes but just stayed and cleaned up a chatted quite a while longer. 
 
I LOVE doing stuff like this with friends--learning how to make something in the kitchen from someone that's good at it, cooking/baking together!  I think it'd go on my Top 10 Favorite Things to Do With Friends list, if I had one...
 
As a side note: My cheapy stand mixer didn't hold a candle to their kitchen aid mixers with a dough hook.  I knew that would be the case, but it still didn't make me want a kitchen aid--at least not until I have a good place to store it for easy access and mobility...those things are so heavy!

1 comment:

  1. You girls come up with some of the best "get together" ideas. When one person does something well, you all celebrate that with wanting to learn how. The timing of the get-togethers are great, too. Very neat!

    ReplyDelete