Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Cole's Picnic Party with Friends

The big news around here has been Cole's first birthday.  I think it came and went without him even realizing what was going on, but we had fun celebrating.
 
My goal the entire time has been not to go too overboard or do too much.  I wanted to enjoy it and not be stressed out.  I wasn't planning on celebrating with friends, just a small family party, but Mom had the wonderfully bright idea to invite our mom and kid friends to a bring-your-own picnic at the park.  Perfect!!  I provided the hats and the birthday treats--Rice Krispies treats, also very simple--and they brought their own lunches.
 
We celebrated Friday at lunch and the weather was perfect!
 
Here's the group--6 moms and 13 kids.  All of these ladies are in my Sublette Bible study.
 
Intently eating a strawberry--from someone else's lunch!


Lilli is 10 days younger than Cole


Rice Krispies Treat aftermath


The Big Girls, The Mother Hens, The Helpers


Showing off his skills walking around the playground


Ready to slide!


Don't mind the face, we were having lots of fun!

Overall it was an awesome experience and super low key!  Everyone went along with it without question.  I was tempted a few times to try to come up with more things--like party favors or special paper goods or whatever...but I resisted the urge and was glad I did. 

Happy Birthday, Cole!





4 comments:

  1. Can Cole walk? I wasn't sure when you said he was walking around the playground. It's fun to see your friends and the fun times you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, Dana! Fun celebrations to honor Cole's one-year birthday. He will love the party hat picture when he's 16!! Glad you took it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah Dana, your little guy is 1!!!! So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All these pictures make me smile. That looks like a lot of fun and it's so great that Cole has kids to play with!!

    ReplyDelete