Friday, June 20, 2014

Swimming!

Cole had his swimming debut yesterday, and I was so proud of him. He was so brave! 

When we first got to the Satanta pool with the mommies group, he sat on my lap and dangled his feet in the water. It wasn't long before he was ready to stand on his own and start walking around holding my hand. There was a small slide he had fun climbing up and going down. 

He enjoyed motor boating around in the blow up toy he got from Mom and Dad for his birthday but seemed to prefer being free to roam on his own. 

I let go of his hand thinking he would be buoyant enough in the water to stay upright, which was true for a while, but he fell over and gulped up a fair amount of water. He came up sputtering, but he handled it like a champ!

I was a little hesitant to get to the pool on our own with all the unknowns - what to bring, will he do well/enjoy it, etc. - but I think our first time was a success! I see lots of pool days in our future!







2 comments:

  1. Cole's Proud GrandmaJune 23, 2014 at 2:40 PM

    From Georgann
    Even though I knew I couldn't, I still tried numerous times to post a comment on my phone. BRAD?!? why can't we comment from our phones? I always have to go online to comment. Now, for the comment you've all been waiting for...

    Dana, you look great!! Love the suit.

    Cole is such a brave little swimmer. He had a great outing for his first time in the pool. Have you signed him up for lessons yet? :-)

    Pool time is a great way to spend part of a summer day. Kids love it. Mom loves it because the kids love it. It tires them out which usually means they'll nap easier and perhaps longer. Or go to bed well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend, Whitney, is the one doing swimming lessons in town. She is certified to do "Mommy and Me" lessons. She mentioned doing that for some of our friends sometime but using a private, heated pool. I like the sound of that.

    ReplyDelete